Print preview

ADutheil

Print preview

Post by ADutheil »

Hi all,

I am having some trouble with preview. When linked with fw2.3 everything is OK but with October 2007 build I just downloaded an error dialog pops up: could not create temporary file c:\686155968.wmf please check your free space... The system is running on XP SP3, Clipper 5.2e + blinker 7.0.
I solved the problem by shortening to 8 characters the length of the string created by cTempFile function. c:\86155968.wmf works fine.
Is this correct or is there any other way?
I also found that the mouse wheel always moves the preview up independently from the direction I turn the wheel.

Regards

Andre
Regards,

André Dutheil
FWH 13.04 HB 3.2 BCC 5.82 MinGW 4.5.2 MSVS 10
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Re: Print preview

Post by Antonio Linares »

Andre,

>
I solved the problem by shortening to 8 characters the length of the string created by cTempFile function. c:\86155968.wmf works fine. Is this correct or is there any other way?
>

If is a fine solution.

> I also found that the mouse wheel always moves the preview up independently from the direction I turn the wheel.

That a 16 bits Windows API limitation. The mouse wheel up event is not delivered in 16 bits apps. You should consider to migrate your app to 32 bits using FWH and Harbour/xHarbour
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
ADutheil

Post by ADutheil »

Antonio Linares wrote:Andre,

>
I solved the problem by shortening to 8 characters the length of the string created by cTempFile function. c:\86155968.wmf works fine. Is this correct or is there any other way?
>

If is a fine solution.

> I also found that the mouse wheel always moves the preview up independently from the direction I turn the wheel.

That a 16 bits Windows API limitation. The mouse wheel up event is not delivered in 16 bits apps. You should consider to migrate your app to 32 bits using FWH and Harbour/xHarbour
Thanks for your reply. FWH is my next move.
Regards,

André Dutheil
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

ADutheil,

> Thanks for your reply. FWH is my next move.

Yes :-) You will be amazed how easily you can migrate from 16 to 32 bits using FWH.
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
ADutheil

Post by ADutheil »

Antonio Linares wrote: Yes :-) You will be amazed how easily you can migrate from 16 to 32 bits using FWH.
I have some questions about the migration.
- I´ve seen that you use bc 5.5 and an old version of MS C. Is there any particular reason? I mean why not upgrade to the newer ones?
- In c:\fwh\builds there is a sample to work with Mingw and in c:\fwh\lib the libs are ready to use but I could not find the harbour build to use with them. Did I miss something?
- Is there any "recomended flavour" to work with?
- The available builds of harbour are from 02/09 and are missing some fixes. For instance the app I am migrating works with nsx index and the rddnsx had a bug that has just been fixed. Any schedule to have a new build of harbour?
- I tried to use my own svn build of harbour but it did not work with FW. Is it possible to have it working?

Regards,
André
Regards,

André Dutheil
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

André,

>
- I´ve seen that you use bc 5.5 and an old version of MS C. Is there any particular reason? I mean why not upgrade to the newer ones?
>

You can use the newer ones if you want to. They also work fine.

>
- In c:\fwh\builds there is a sample to work with Mingw and in c:\fwh\lib the libs are ready to use but I could not find the harbour build to use with them. Did I miss something?
>

You may download it from www.fivetechsoft.com/files/harbour-gnu.zip

> - Is there any "recomended flavour" to work with?

Borland C version

>
- The available builds of harbour are from 02/09 and are missing some fixes. For instance the app I am migrating works with nsx index and the rddnsx had a bug that has just been fixed. Any schedule to have a new build of harbour?
- I tried to use my own svn build of harbour but it did not work with FW. Is it possible to have it working?
>

Please download it from www.fivetechsoft.com/files/harbour.exe
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
ADutheil

Post by ADutheil »

Antonio Linares wrote:André,

>

Please download it from http://www.fivetechsoft.com/files/harbour.exe
I just redownloaded harbour but it is still the 02/09 build. What about newer builds with the latest bug fixes?

Regards,

André
Regards,

André Dutheil